Monday, May 10, 2010

Scrubs

I haven't been feeling well. Haven't left the house for a few days. Wish I was staying at a hotel where there are no diapers, noise and mouths to feed. That was my state of mind when I had the opportunity to run to the store. You know you are no longer living the single, no strings attached life when going to the store is an "opportunity". Anyway, it was cloudy outside, and combined with not feeling well, I decided to don the following:



Clearly I forgot that I live in San Antonio. Even though there wasn't a glimmer of sunlight peeking through the clouds, it was still 85 degrees, feeling more like 90 degrees with the humidity. The heat, my flip flops, my jacket and my ponytail all served to top off an outfit that made me feel like this:



There really isn't any point to this post, other than to emphasize, that when I go out like this, I just keep my fingers crossed that I don't run into anyone I know so that I can get back to my exciting life as soon as possible.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I can totally relate, as I have been sick for nearly 3 weeks now with bronchitis. Thankfully I got some new meds & i'm feeling better. I can understand going to the store as an "opportunity", as I rarely get to go by myself. I guess it will be harder when we have our second baby. I miss hanging out with you.

Jaime said...

oh, and get better soon. I hope the bug goes away quickly.

Mandy said...

I can't even count the number of times I've been at Target dressed like that while they are announcing the store's closing over the loudspeaker . . . .
People keep saying that in 20 years we'll miss it!

Grandma Pat said...

The day you go with curlers in your hair and your "second best" pj's is the day you run into your child's Sunday School teacher.

JLJ said...

The true test of your level of patheticness, were you wearing a bra? Not that I would know anything about that.....