Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Update

It's summer. I'm lucky to be posting at all. Nothing witty or interesting, just a few pics of what we have been up to.

This is what I get for asking a 3-year old to clean up his clothes.


Saturday trip to the zoo in the heat. I wish I had a bonnet, and could ride in a stroller.



The BK's work had a carnival day of sorts. Now the LG thinks that this is what daddy does all day - ride the gorilla slide. Not to mention that the LG escaped from our clutches a number of times, wiggled his little body to the front of the line and began scaling the slide before attendants could stop him. Wish I could say I was mortified. Way to beat the system LG. It won't happen too often.


Tea parties. Puppet shows.


Soccer banquets with a proud LG and Coach Matt. The LG won the award for keeping Coach Matt in shape. Still, we were pretty proud. That is until the LG pulled over a wine rack, knocked an elderly woman on the head with one of the bottles, and added the cost of 7 bottles of wine to our tab. Luckily it was cheap wine. Still not very lucky though. Ahhhh, LG, life would be sooooo boring without you.


Road Trips. It wouldn't be summer if we weren't doing another crazy road trip. San Antonio to Tucson. 28 hours. 4 Days. A few good hours with cousins, a nice evening remembering the BK's grammy, and another insane trip right back home.


4th of July. Awesome fireworks. No crowds. No bleachers. Plenty of kids to keep the kids entertained. Perfect 4th of July. The LG insisted on wearing his spiderman jams, superhero cape, superhero belt, and cars slippers. Wish the pic were better, but it was hysterical.


Off to Utah to enjoy the mountains, grandma & grandpa, and some dry heat and cool evenings.

6 comments:

Jami said...

You and those road trips!!! Don't know how you do it! Glad your having a good summer. We would love to see you while you are in Utah but know how crazy it is on vacations. Let me know if you get any spare time!

Mandy said...

I thought you said nothing witty or interesting to post? I found plenty of both in the LG's antics. The TP is growing up TOO quickly! What a doll!

LeeAnne said...

I just had to laugh at that picture of LG's dresser. Looked a little too familiar, because that is exactly what my *husband* does with his clothes. Ha ha.

Can't wait to see you when you come to Utah!

JLJ said...

You are crazy going to the zoo in the heat! Have a great time in UT.

MegaPPod said...

Another note about zoos and the heat. Not only are the animals sleeping, but their poop is smelling. Not a good time.

Unknown said...

Hey I found your blog! Well you found me and I replied. I love your posts, and you are witty. The dresser cracks me up. What a goofy boy.