Monday, May 19, 2008

A Little R&R

We all just returned from a marvelous break to Arizona to meet up with friends, see some family, and do a whole lot of nothing. You know a vacation is good when it feels like you were gone 2 weeks, even though you were only gone 5 days. We were in Sedona, which was amazing, scenic, relaxing and the weather was fabulous and dry! We also didn't realize until we got there that we had almost forgotten what a blue sky and bright sun actually feel like. It was so nice to get away, and a much needed vacation. We are all feeling 100% better.

The BK took the LG on a little hike. I say little because the LG ran his poor little face into the ground not long after the hike began, quickly calling the "hike to a halt. A few before and after pictures:



The LG also got to rekindle his flame with his BFF. It was so great to see some of our best friends from DC and hang out like we used to.


As you will see above, I had a debacle with my contact lenses the morning we were leaving, so I was disappointed to have to wear my glasses the whole time, particularly since I was hoping to get a nice pair of shades, but it seems useless until I get my eyeballs fixed. I also got a massage, a nice reward for Mother's Day. Count your blessings that I am not posting photos of that. Another highlight, was that they were all out of compact cars at the rental place, so we got a free upgrade. We chose the Nissan Murano, which I was quite happy with. Gotta love a freebie. Speaking of car rentals, as we were waiting in line, the woman in front of us looks at the LG and says, "Oh, he's so cute. I just drove past an accident where a little boy about his age was thrown out the windshield." EXCUSE ME? ARE YOU KIDDING? Who says that? I didn't ask if the kid was in a car seat, but after recovering from her complete lack of tact, it made for good consolation that we do use a car seat, and that neither the BK or myself would EVER make such a ridiculous statement.


Finally, we drove to Tucson to visit the BK's 98 year old grandmother, and to visit other family. Always a pleasure to hang out with people who have to love you, or at least pretend like they do! Here's a pic of the view from grammy's back porch. Amazing. We're off to Utah Wednesday for more R&R which we can't seem to get enough of, and to see Gma and Gpa before they ship out on their mission to New Hampshire.

6 comments:

JLJ said...

You came to AZ at the perfect time, before it's too toasty. Poor LG. It's so sad to mar a perfect little face like that, even if it is only temporary. And congrats on your free upgrade - I love those cars. Have fun in UT.

Jaime said...

Poor little Jackson. I hope he healed up well. Sounds like a wonderful trip. I'm so glad you got to get away, it was especially needed at this particular time for you guys. I hope you are continuing to recover as well.

We should get together when we're both back in town. Have fun in Utah.

Matt D said...

Man, Jackson is growing up. He looks way older in those pics than when I saw him just a few months ago. Have fun in Logan, wish we could be there. Tell John and Jackson Hi.

Chambers Clan said...

I'm so excited that you are coming! LG does look so much older even from a month ago! What are you feeding him:) Can't wait to see y'all!

Jami said...

Glad to hear you got in some vacation time! Sorry about the LG. Looks painful.
Hope to see you next week!

Ronna & Dave said...

Glad you had a good time.