Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mountain Men

Yup, I've got me on of 'em. This past weekend, the BK scaled Mt. Hood. They left at 1am so that the snow would be nice and cold - less risk of avalanche - and made it back down by around 10am. This is his 4th or 5th such adventure. I think he has dreams of climbing Everest. Admirable and insane. I'm just glad that for now he is sticking with more "local" climbs. He did sweetly tell me that he thought Mt. Hood was a climb I could do. I thanked him, but added that if I liked being cold and wet, I would have spent more time skiing. You should see his poor, cracked, bleeding hands. Anyway, the pictures are amazing, so enjoy.



6 comments:

Renee said...

Wow! I'm insanely jealous!!

Jami said...

It does look amazing but i'm with you in that I'll just enjoy the view from the pictures.

Chambers Clan said...

What dedication to get up at 1am! I am lucky to get to bed by that time:) It does look worth it though, if you are a mountain man! Thanks for the pictures...I did enjoy them.

jordan said...

what a mountain man! and oh, so beautiful. I'm sure even more being there.

Melanie said...

Wow! Those pictures are amazing. That is for sure one thing I will probably never do. Good job BK!

Jaime said...

You're right, those pictures are amazing. How beautiful. Better him than me. :)