Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Anytime My Love

Yesterday when I brought the LG his elaborate and carefully prepared breakfast of cereal and juice, he looked at me and sweetly said, "Mommy, you bring me somethings? That's so nice of you to bring me somethings." Ahh, if only every morning were such a delight.

He has also become quite the cook and loves to help me "make things" in the kitchen. At 2, I would say that he is pretty ahead of the curve of most children whose parents are probably much smarter than I am and refuse to let their toddler near hot stoves, ovens, etc. I lost the battle a while ago, and gained a partner who can flip pancakes, stir anything, sprinkle salt evenly over food in the frying pan, make a sandwich, knead bread and make a quesadilla. *Note to Grandmothers - he is ALWAYS closely supervised.

10 comments:

daisy said...

What is that in the picture? It looks yummmy!

Mandy said...

Yeah, have him make one of those for me!

JLJ said...

Ok. Now I can feel good about letting my 6 year old turn the pancakes she's been dying to help with.

Ronna & Dave said...

He is such a smartie! Keep up the good work, you could have a chef on your hands! Hair cut looks good and just shows off that cute face. We love our "LG".

Jaime said...

Awww, that baby bump is looking so cute on you.

Jack sounds like a fantastic little helper. Truman has just started expressing interest in the kitchen, and it's very fun to see him get so into it. I think I'll hold off on the pancake flipping for now. :)

LeeAnne said...

Wowzahs! I think it's awsome that you're letting Jackson help in the kitchen! Good skills to learn, and I bet he loves it :) Maybe I should loosen up a lil bit and let Carlitos in on the cooking fun, at least let him help stir something... (he's definitely curious about it, and has approached the stove with a stool before, but I've been quick to tell him to get down because it's hot)

MegaPPod said...

The lovely device in the picture is a quesadilla maker. I thought it was a wedding gag gift but have since fallen in love with it. You can chop up anything, douse it with cheese, and put it all inside tortillas where they can't see it And, BTW, I recommend keeping them out of the kitchen as long as humanly possible. I am just a weak human in this regard.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm officially impressed! I think Creighton was like this a little as a kid (maybe not that young) but he is a really good cook! He knows exactly what will make anything taste better it's fantastic. Just think, his wife will love it! That is really cool though!

jordan said...

really, you are such a great (and patient) mother! And of course Jackson is such a sweetie. It takes a lot of self pep talks to want to let Ryder help, but he loves it and that's all that matters. We did let Lila in on the valentine cookie making and that was something else... we'll wait a bit more until that becomes a habit.

Jami said...

Impressive!! Does he hire out??