Saturday, November 28, 2009

3 Years

The LG had his 3rd birthday earlier this week. His little Curious George party went quite well if you are willing to give a 3 year old a free pass on participating in the games on his own birthday. While Grandma entertained the guests with jungle hunting games, the LG snuck around the outskirts of the room watching and commenting from time to time that he didn't feel very well. He seemed to snap out of it though once the pinata came out. Always a hit with the little ones.






I found the pinata whacking hysterical becuase it provided a keen insight into the variety in childrens' personalities - the tickler, the brute, the perfectionist, the fun-loving life of the party, the princess, the strongly-determined and the wallflower.

The LG is a pretty good cross between fun-loving and brute. He is a compact ball of energy. It was suggested that if we could somehow plug him into the grid, we could have our own energy source. True. How true. He is also kind, funny, curious, intelligent, handsome, sneaky, and good-natured. He is a handful, but there isn't anything I would rather have my hands full of. I'm pretty lucky to be his mom. I love you LG.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday LG! Looks like a fabulous party. Love his expression hitting the pinata, and the cake looks delicious, even those candles look fab.

JLJ said...

Yes, Pinatas are a three year old must-have. I remember when my #1 turned 3 we got a fish pinata which sat around our house for a few days before the party. I guess she got pretty attached to it because when the kids started whacking it, she totally freaked out. To her it looked like everyone was viciously attacking her precious fish!

Mandy said...

Hooray for the LG! Looks like he had a great day!

LeeAnne said...

What a fun party it was ;) Happy Birthday LG!!

Chambers Clan said...

I don't think I've laughed harder than when that pinata was pulled out. I do think the personalities are revealed when they get to do what they don't normally get to do. It was a hit! You are a great hostess! Thanks for inviting us, the kids LOVED it! Can't wait to hang out again sometime:) Oh, and Braden calls your son, the "wild boy". I love it;)