Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Face Time



As promised, the TP takes center stage on this one. What is it about the second child that makes me so sad with every milestone she hits. A new tooth? Tears. My tears. Learning to finally sit up? More tears. Downward dog moves that inevitably lead to crawling? Big tears. Learning to crawl? Major depression. Maybe something is seriously wrong with me. When the LG started crawling at 6 months, I was a very proud parent who was quietly thinking to herself how physically gifted my baby was. I was so ready to have him walking out the door with briefcase in hand - okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating - a little. With the TP I wouldn't mind if she laid around cuddling with me for another 2 years. Who cares if this stunts her development. I want my baby to stay a baby. I'm out of luck. She's crawling, sitting, teething, babbling, eating real food, sleeping, and she is even regularly wearing the adorable pair of boots Santa gave her for Christmas. What kind of baby needs boots? The kind that won't be a baby for much longer. Oi, I think I need some of that medication they advertise on TV with a depressed egg that hops around.





Man she's cute.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I agree, totally cute.

Vixie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vixie said...

She is adorable. Go ahead wanting to keep your baby a baby. Unfortunately they don't stop. I can relate to being a little sad when my baby hits the milestones.

Jaime said...

She is very cute indeed. Lovely post. I'm sure every parent can relate to how you feel. When do you move?

Jami said...

So cute. I can't believe how big she is. It really HAS been a long time since she has had any face time. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about the second. It all just goes too fast! Love you all! Steph