Saturday, September 11, 2010

Starting Places

Trying to figure out where to start when I haven't posted in so long is always a dilemma. That said, the biggest thing that has happened to us over the past couple of months is definitely:

PRESCHOOL!!!
The LG started preschool 2 days a week, and everyone is much happier. He loves it. I love it. And he seems to be doing well. At least he hasn't been sent home yet ; ) And for those of you who would notice, I did comb his hair before we left, but it sort of has a life of its own. His teacher is amazing, and as usual, I feel incredibly blessed by the people that come into the LG's life who make me feel like I can turn off mom mode for a few minutes and just watch and appreciate this amazing little man.




RAIN (& COLD)!!!
We have finally seen some reprieve from the weather. And true to Texas form, the storms were big and wild, and so much fun. Plus the sun disappeared for a couple of days. Ahhhh. Did I mention ahhhhhhh? Below shows you a before and after shot of our backyard.




BEGINNING OF THE END!!!
It's official, with amphibian-like pictures to prove, that #3 is on the way. You may think that this is more exciting news than preschool. You would be mistaken. Without preschool, I would not have been able to consider a #3 at all, and might have thought seriously about jumping into the river above. So there you have it. What we have planned as our third and final master creation is currently cooking.

We are looking forward to more of the following shenanigans:





As a final story, the LG set up a carnival in his room the other night. The BK and I were invited separately to present our tickets and enter. The BK went first and was greeted with, "Welcome to the Carnival". I followed shortly thereafter and was greeted by a sweeping hand gesture and, "Welcome to Hell!" Like I said, I'm just glad he hasn't been sent home from preschool yet....

8 comments:

JLJ said...

Congratulations on #3! I'm glad to hear that LG is enjoying preschool. Thank heavens for good teachers. I can't believe your backyard - that is crazy!

It's great to get such a fun update.

My mom got a kick out of LG and his cousin rolling on the 1st dam trail :)

Jami said...

Yeah!!! So exciting!

Holy crazy backyard!! On a positive note - you have your own personal FREE swimming pool to help cool you down from that heat! :)

Melanie said...

Looks like congrats are due on all fronts. We are excited for you guys. And as for something you should do for fun, you should seriously write a book. You are so witty and I love reading your posts. You certainly have a way with words.

Jaime said...

Congrats on baby #3 that is exciting news. Preschool sounds like fun & just perfect for the LG. Truman starts this Thursday, can't wait. Your little girl is so cute. Love all the pictures.

Mandy said...

Congratulations! It sounds like life is still keeping you hopping!

Unknown said...

#3 is exciting news!! Congratulations, and I am glad he ( you) are loving preschool.

Ps I actually feel like carnivals are similar to what hell is, so that welcome is fitting. :)

Candace said...

Congrats! So exciting. Hope you're feeling well.

Chambers Clan said...

I think your shenanigans only multiply with more children, but you will do so great! You are able to find humor which is such a survival tactic in my book! I remember those Texas storms. They were so fun as a kid...Good luck to you all on the next set of adventures:)