Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Days

The BK read my last post and glumly said, "You seem pretty down." I figure I better post some good stuff before I have my mother calling worried about me. The most exciting thing that happened this week was that I received an amazing piece of mail that has filled my heart with joy. You may remember a few posts back that my sister-in-law held an art auction. My artwork arrived and honestly, I can't really explain the difference it makes to the room it now hangs in. I can explain that it just makes my heart happy.



Also this week, one of the LG's friends had a birthday party at this wild west place. It was a costume party, so I am warning that there are spoilers in the following picture as to what the LG plans to be for Halloween (still not sure if I'm sold on the TP's costume). I know you have all been waiting with anticipation. Buzz Lightyear is one of his other best friends. The party was thrown by a group of Spanish-speaking ladies we get together with occasionally (nope, we still don't speak any spanish), and man was it a party! We had a fantastic lunch, the kids had a great time, and there was even trick or treating, plus my kids took a 3 hour nap afterward. That is definitely my kind of party.







The BK and I had a date night with some friends of ours last night and went to see Wall Street, which was actually better than I expected. I forget how nice it is to get out of the house, and am so grateful to people willing to watch my kids for a few hours! That said, it took me 5 hours to clean my house before the babysitter arrived. I was so pooped by the time we left I could have taken a nap and been just as happy as heading to the show. Kids. Sheesh.

We are really looking forward to our vacation to DC next week! We will be doing some Trick or Treating in Georgetown, hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa, checking out all the dinosaur bones and airplanes we can handle on the Mall, visiting good friends and probably renewing our feelings of doubt as to why we ever left in the first place. Ahhhh DC.

See mom, I'm fine ; )

4 comments:

Ronna & Dave said...

I am so glad you have gone from pregnant blues to happy days! Jackson's batman costume is very cute. I bet he loves it. TP looks adorable, but is starting to look too grown up. What happened to my baby?
Can't wait to see you all again.

Ronna & Dave said...

I am so glad you have gone from pregnant blues to happy days! Jackson's batman costume is very cute. I bet he loves it. TP looks adorable, but is starting to look too grown up. What happened to my baby?
Can't wait to see you all again.

Ronna & Dave said...

Sorry you got a double message, Have no idea what I just did!

JLJ said...

Our Latin neighbors and friends give the very biggest parties we've ever seen. Full meal, dj, tons of candy, cupcakes and a cake, bounce house,.... for a four year old's birthday. And everyone was invited. They are a very generous, party-loving people.

I hear you on the pre-babysitter cleaning routine and glad I'm not the only one.