Monday, October 25, 2010

Jimminy Cricket.. I Mean Cockroach

Okay, I started this new job a couple months ago, and I love it. Love the people I work with, love that I am only at work a couple of hours a couple days a week, but DON'T love my bathroom experiences there. The bathroom looks nice enough, smells nice enough, and generally speaking, meets all my lavatory needs. That said a couple weeks back I open the stall to see a gleaming white toilet with a Texas-sized cockroach floating belly up in the can. Close the door and move on to the next stall. I also warned the next person who wandered in to use another stall. After I finished up my business, and realized that I should just flush it. So I did.

The story should end there, I mean how common is a lone, Texas-sized cockroach in an otherwise clean bathroom? Apparently more common than I would like. Today, I walked in, sat down, and attended to my business (which is very frequent these days what with a baby sitting on my bladder), only to get up, turn around to flush, and see ANOTHER ENORMOUS TEXAS-SIZE COCKROACH crawl out from under the seat and do a little dance for me. If I weren't morally opposed to high pitched shrieking, today would have been the day.

I don't even know who to complain to, so I'm complaining to you. YUCK. A big, Texas-sized YUCK.

To brighten my day, the LG was working on an art project this afternoon for his cousin. While tracing his hand, he exclaimed, "Mom, she's going to be really impressed with this. Really impressed." I'm really impressed LG that somewhere you learned that word. Thanks for making me laugh. I really needed that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I can't even imagine what I would do if I saw that cockroach after doing my business. I am thoroughly impressed you didn't scream. Yuck. And congrats on having a boy! I'm way excited for you guys!

Amy said...

Just wait until you see the flying cockroaches!! YEECH!! :) My girls (and I) flipped when we saw those in our house!

JLJ said...

That was a great halloween tale. I could not go on living if I thought that story was true. Or l might throw up. I have great fear of the insect that cannot be named.

AdAmy said...

La Cookaracha! NASTY!!

Congrats on the penis clad boy that is on his way!! I talked to your Mom in the grocery store the other day. She said: Boy?? Jackson's already so full of it. ;)

I have a soft spot in my heart for the painting you bought from Jordan... it use to hang in my living room above my fireplace. Great choice!