Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back in the Swing

I have been considering dropping the blog, as you can see from the date of my last post it is no longer on my priority list. After consideration however, I decided that I really should make a renewed effort to document our family life since I am even more terrible at printing picture or making scrapbooks. I am 3 years behind on that. Life is busy, but there are always worthwhile things to report so here goes. The first thing to note is that I am changing the moniker's for the youngest 2. The TP will now we referred to as the Rooster, and the baby as PoPo. I'm sure they will love me for this later. I am going to start with the most recent and catch up in subsequent posts.

SCHOOL!!!!


We didn't start until the day after Labor Day this year, so that meant that both the LG and the Rooster started on the same day. I know most parents say it is hard to believe the time goes so quickly when their oldest starts Kindergarten. In my case, I feel like this should have been last year, so we were pretty excited, and READY!!! Even sending a 3 year old Rooster to a local preschool for 2 days felt like something she was more than ready for.

Anyone who knows anything about the inner workings of our family should know that it was hairy getting out the door on time. I keep thinking that it will get easier or faster but so far, regardless of how prepared I am for another day, we still battle finding lunch boxes (this was actually prepared the night before but somehow disappeared just prior to departure), shoes (also laid out the night before), combing hair, and making sure the baby's diaper is clean (it is inevitably NOT, regardless of when we are leaving or when he was last changed). So we were kind of running barely on time all day.

I am also blaming some of it on the logistics involved in getting everyone where they need to be on time. TP's preschool is local. LG's school is 20 minutes away on the freeway. We were so thrilled to have gotten him into a Chinese immersion program, but the reality and commitment required in commuting to a city we don't live in is a wee bit challenging some days.



The Rooster is happily leaving for her first day. She is pictured here with one of her good friends. She LOVES Mrs. K and it is a wonderful place where she gets to paint, make big messes, sing, dance and play with friends.


The LG was a bit tentative when we met the teacher at Back to School night, so she was thinking he was shy and reserved. Poor woman. He darted into class so fast the first day that I actually wasn't able to take a solo shot of him until after school at which point he had on a name tag so they won't be appearing here. It was a rocky first week, with some usual LG shenanigans including sneaking out of class and requiring a small search party (including the Principal) to locate him. But a few weeks in, he seems to be settling in and is LOVING his Chinese class and teacher. I am just glad that we won't have to homeschool due to him getting kicked out of school in Kindergarten.


3 comments:

michelangelo said...

holy crap your kids are so cute. and big.

JLJ said...

He snuck out of class? That is hilarious! I can say that as a casual observer and not his parent. Bet you're enjoying a few quieter moments at home, no?

LeeAnne said...

Hehehehehe- LG's escapade, very funny to me, probably not nearly as funny to you :) Glad he's getting in the swing of things and enjoying his class! I'm with you on being ready for kids to go to school. I really thought I'd be sentimental about sending my first child to Kindergarten. Nope. It was definitely time!