Thursday, November 1, 2012

Family of Dracula

I believe this is the first Halloween I have dressed up for since I was a teenager. My kids were pretty excited at the prospect of mom and dad joining in the fun. The LG was totally into having vampire teeth and fake blood on his face, and Rooster was thrilled at the idea of being a Vampire Princess, which she pulled of beautifully. Baby Dracula didn't need much help drawing people close enough for blood. Just don't hold me to such standards in the future.






LG's School Party - The LG has been asking about the Halloween parade at school for weeks, and I had to check my calendar 3 times on Monday night as he was convinced that Halloween was on Library Dad (Tuesday). I was nearly as anxious as him that we were missing the big day.



The Rooster and her friends all got to dress up for Ms. K. Such a darling age to dress up. She was most proud of her collar and the long sleeves on her dress that proved she was a "princess". There was a barrage of marketing thrown her way by the BK and me to get her to go along with such and un-Disney princess theme.




Other than the LG coming down with a fever and only making it about 4 blocks before hitching a ride on dad's shoulders the rest of the way, we all had a great time. I even bought back most of their candy which will mysteriously disappear ; ) Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

JLJ said...

Oh you are a cool mom! I know my kids would love it if Matt and I dressed up (or even just one of us!) and every year I tell myself that this is going to be the year. Sadly, it still hasn't happened. You all look great!