Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still Moving On

So we made it to Cincinnati with a 26 foot moving van with our car in tow. The LG and I will be chilling here for a few days with some family while the man of the house totes the house (or at least all of the things that go in a house) all by his lonesome to Oregon. I should mention here that he is already behind schedule, primarily due to my inability assist in backing up the truck with car in tow so that we could turn around in a culdesac. Bad idea. After successfully directing my hubby to back the truck up over the hitch, a few unsavory words, a few arguments, a good nights' rest, more than a few phone calls to Penske, a new tow dolly, and just a few hours of time wasted, the hubby was off on his grand adventure.

I am not sure I understand men at all. The LG's father has been looking forward to this adventure since the day we decided to move. It would be one thing if he were driving his motorcycle across country in the late spring or early autumn when the weather was cool, his drive unencumbered by deadlines and a lot of dead weight, but really, a 26 foot moving truck with a car in tow at 45 miles per hour in November - please help me understand how this somehow fits into a man's romantic notion of alone time on the open road?

At the moment it is pretty easy to boil down my life to the people I love and a truckful of memories and belongings. I'm grateful that so far, our lives are still intact, we are all safe, and our belongings are still in a truck that has not run into serious trouble. Hope you all have a MARVELOUS Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

jordan said...

sounds pretty crazy. i'm just glad that we're done with big moves for a (little) while. you're parents are troupers - to L.A, to Detroit, then to Portland! we're all scattered. we can't wait to see you at Christmas.