Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby

Clearly I have been pretty disinterested in blogging lately, and in the meantime, I have missed some pretty key family events. I will be trying to update over the next couple of days but thought I should start with the LGs 2nd birthday which was the week before Thanksgiving. In tribute, the following are some of my favorite memories of him from this year:

Election Year Fun - the LG started recognizing McCain and Obama signs long before the election and loved to shout both their names at strange moments, often to the amusement of passersby. I'm pretty sure that unlike his parents, he was pretty loyal to Obama throughout. Recently, when we were out shopping, a black clerk was restocking the shelves. When Jackson saw him, his eyes got really big and he shouted, "Barak Obama". Probably better than "John McCain" considering the color of his skin and where we live - liberalville. Clearly there aren't many black people in Portland.
Swimming Like a Fish - He finally conquered his fear of the water and learned to swim like a fish which entails him laying on his belly, splashing around and letting his little cheeks poke out of the water. This now regular occurrence makes me wish he could stay 2 forever.

Nursery - Enough said.

Throwing Out His Own Diaper - He learned to this not long after he turned 1. If only I could figure out how to get rid of the diapers all together.

Rainy Portland - I still haven't grown to LOVE the rain, but it does bring out the best in toddler boys fasion. Rain slickers, big bulky rain boots that he can put on by himself, and adorable hats.

Language - It is amazing to me how quickly he seems to learn to speak. And truly, it is a blessing to be able to communicate with him and vice versa. The things he says crack me up, make me wish I had never uttered certain words, and my heart melt when he says things like I love you.

What an amazing little boy he is, and both the BK and I are so glad he is part of our family. Speaking of, we had some family photos taken recently - which some of you may find in your Christmas card or a later post. But in celebration of the LG, here are a few of my most prized possession. LG we love you. (sorry the pics aren't bigger but I am too clueless to figure out what is going on, and too lazy to try).




7 comments:

Jami said...

I'm still laughing about the Obama thing! I'm not sure that many two years olds could tell you the candidates.

BTW - Love the pics. Very handsome fella.

Melanie said...

Those pictures are great. He is such a cute little guy. Thanks for the update, we were beginning to wonder what had happened to you guys. Glad all is well. And we should be able to get together. We won't be leaving Utah until January 8th. Yeah for a long vacation!

Candace said...

Oh, he's so cute! (As usual!). Congrats on surviving year two.

brooke said...

What a very special LG he is and such a smartie. I like the hat and what an adorable little mug he has. Can't wait to experience some of these landmark occasions with him.

Ronna & Dave said...

The Brooke blog is actually from me. Don't ask me how that happened!

JLJ said...

At least he is recognizing intellectual things like political candidates and not McDonalds and Target like my #1 did early on. Happy birthday LG!

Jaime said...

Jenn the pictures are fantastic. He is just adorable. Can't wait to see you guys next week.