Thursday, April 9, 2009

Random Rumblings

I just ate 6 pieces of toast with butter. Some with jam. This is how I celebrate the news that so far I have gained just 25 lbs with this pregnancy with only a month or so to go. Considering I gained 50 with the LG, I was feeling pretty good, until that 6th piece of toast. Did I mention the eggs? I feel so bad that I am considering 2 more to make me feel better.


6:15am
LG: Daddy (mommy doesn't respond at this hour), can you come get me?
BK: No, LG, not until 7:00. Go back to bed.
LG: But daddy, it's 7:00 on my watch. Come and see.


We got the LG a real size mattress. Figure we ought to transition him before #2 comes and every other part of life as he knows it ceases. As you can imagine, bed time and nap time have been drawn out a bit. One night, the BK went to stand next to the LG's door to listen for movement. As he was ready to leave, convinced that all was quietly in hand, out crept a chubby little hand from the space under the door to tickle the BKs feet. Tickle tickle baby. Tickle tickle.

Gotta go, the toaster just buzzed.

7 comments:

daisy said...

That's cute. It reminds me of when we just had Parly (she's our oldest) and got her a clock in her room. We then covered the last two numbers so you could only see what hour it was. Then we taught her what a 7 looked like and told her she can't come out of her room until it says 7. Worked like a charm.

LeeAnne said...

Heeeheeeheee I laughed out loud at the LG stickin' his hand under the door just when BK was thinking all was well :D Good luck with the big bed transition, and congrats on the not-so-big weight gain :) Enjoy your toast!!

Jaime said...

I worry about the day when we'll transition T to a big boy bed. He already struggles with nap time, I can't imagine what would happen in a real bed. Good luck with that one, and let me know your tips.

That is just too funny, but so Jackson that he would try to tickle BK's feet. Such a clever little kid.

JLJ said...

25 pounds! That is incredible! Enjoy that 6th piece of toast. Then have some doughnuts and french fries. Only a month left of food freedom!

Chambers Clan said...

mmmm...I LOVE toast, especially smothered with raspberry jam. Congrats on the little weight gain. You do look good in that picture by the grand canyon. Oh, the bed is a good and bad thing. Hopefully he doesn't realize too soon that he can get out by himself. That road trip sounded adventurous! I am so glad we have good travelers (or a good DVD player??) Good luck on the last most uncomfortable month of all!

Anonymous said...

I am SO impressed with your weight! Haha that's a weird way to put it. But it's just ironic because I went to the doctor Wednesday and I have gained 24 pounds so far, and I still have 3 months to go! So, enjoy that toast with butter for me. It sounds so good! And good luck with the LG and his new bed :)

Jami said...

Eat it up and ENJOY. Gotta be at least ONE perk to pregnancy.