Saturday, April 25, 2009

Comings and Goings

EASTER

This is a holiday I can really get into. A few presents in a basket, chocolate, good Sunday service, typically tolerable weather, good food, and kids dressed up with hair combed (this is a rare occurence around here). I still don't get the Easter bunny delivering eggs. I comment on this every year, but shouldn't it be an Easter chicken?





NOSES

I don't really like mine. Most of the time, I forget about it and am used to the way it looks on my face, and then there are times (like that captured in the photo below) that make me want to see a surgeon.



POO
The LG has had a weeklong case of the runs - probably from drinking standing water out of strange places in our backyard. Results: 5-6 poo poo changes per day, verge of blisters bottom, lots of baths and poo floaties, failed attempts to potty train (at this point, I would rather clean the poo off the wood floor than off his chaffed hiney), and a trip to the doctor with a full diaper in a baggie in case they asked for a stool sample - which they did, and I had to help scoop the poo into small containers. Good times.

9 comments:

Ronna & Dave said...

What a handsome boy our little guy is and looks like he enjoyed his visit from the Easter Bunny. You could be right about that Easter Chicken thing! Sorry about the nose. It is probably all my fault, but when you put all your lovely features together, including the nose, it makes for a very attractive package! I don't think I will even attempt a comment on the poo!

Mandy said...

Easter chicken. Genius.

Jami said...

And that my friend, is motherhood in all it's glory. Hope the bum is feeling better.

Jaime said...

you are beautiful, don't give your nose a second thought. Jack looks adorable in his sunday best. sorry about the poo poo problems, hope it clears up quickly.

Amy said...

Easter chicken -- YES!

poo -- NO! (been there done that. so sorry.)

nose -- WHATEVER! you're hot and you know it.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I never thought of the Easter Chicken before, but that would make more sense wouldn't it? haha somehow it's not quite as poetic. And, that's not fun at all about his poo problems! Good luck with that, I hope that gets better quickly.

JLJ said...

Everyone has a picture like that hidden deep on their hard-drive. Way to go for it and put it out there!

Rowboat said...

jenn, you are adorable. it was fun seeing you guys sunday!

Renee said...

Yay for Easter! I'm totally with you. And, it looks like the LG is too!! Floaties in the tub...I think that should be the title of your memoirs. I've got the same issue with my nose. I think it looks a bit bulbous...I've never noticed yours being out of the ordinary. Miss you!