Saturday, August 29, 2009

Summer

This summer has sort of been like summers in highschool. No work, lots of play, and lots of messing around. The only difference is that now I am the one cleaning up the messes. The LG is having plenty of fun with his cousin. They like to get dirty, like playing in the firepit. The LG has also become quite comfortable in the kitchen. His favorite thing to do is play "sandbox" with whatever he can find. The list includes cereal (below), baby formula (pricey and sticky), flour, baking powder, ice from the icemaker. At least it beats him climbing on cars with pens. Pretty sweet. He is getting good at helping with the cleanup though, which provides some consolation. Wrestling with the TP is also one of the LG's favorite things to do. I doubt the same can be said for her. This is clearly before he lays back with her and starts rolling around. Finally, I am pleased to say that I have been teaching the LG all kinds of useful things like silly songs and the pledge of allegiance. I will only entertain you with the video footage of "Down Down Baby". Ahh, I love Big.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Oh, gotta love the messes. Your a good mom. I'm not so sure I would be quite so patient.

MegaPPod said...

In the interest of full disclosure - I am not patient. Lots of time outs, lots of yelling, and lots of me locking myself in timeout.

Ronna & Dave said...

We love that little "mischief maker." It's probably just as well we are across the country so as not to experience some of those messes first hand. Were we there, they might not seem so cute!
I loved the video. Can't get enough of watching it. Jackson is quite the song and dance man and very entertaining.

Rowboat said...

jenn i love your full disclosure. that's what makes you even more interesting. and that video is awesome. i can't believe he is talking so well. he had the words down perfectly.