Friday, May 29, 2009

Learning the Ropes

Well, I have been in post-birth hideout for a couple weeks, and have had time to reflect on some very serious topics, like the nickname for the new baby. The Tiny Princess (okay, not super original), or "TP" as she will now be known, has officially reached her "birthweight". I suppose this is a serious milestone, but it hardly seems to make much of a difference with her tiny little frog legs that are kicking about when I change her diaper. I also have to admit that I like "TP" because it makes me think of toilet paper, and for some really juvenile reason it makes me giggle. Hopefully she will forgive me someday.

So we have all been adjusting to the TP (hehe) being here. Fortunately she is still a very good baby and not too fussy. I did have to check her temperature with one of these nifty contraptions (even more nifty for checking the temp on the LG, or anyone old enough to know where the old thermometers go).


The LG, who has a not so healthy aversion to anything getting near his ear canal, took one look and ran off to his room, only to be seen 5 minutes later coming back in with this offering to help check the TP's temperature.


Ahh, siblings. Here is the little bruiser with a little tatoo (when in Rome) from the local farmer's market. Grandmas! This seems like one of those things that only Grandmas or weekend dads are up for. I can't imagine why kids look forward to being away from mom ; 0



Otherwise, things have been relatively quiet, and we are even getting a fair amount of sleep thanks to Grandma and the TP's willingness to sleep most of the night. Below are a few more pics of the TP's first days on planet earth.



7 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Such a helpful big brother... I laughed out loud when I what he wanted to use to take TP's temperature! And what luck you have- a baby that sleeps! I hope she continues being a reasonable sleeper for you ;) Love the pictures!

Jaime said...

She is beautiful! And I love the name. TP. It makes me giggle too. So happy to hear things are going so well for you & the family. Let me know when you're ready for LG to come to our place & play. She is a beautiful baby girl.

JLJ said...

TP, very good. I like the alias. And she is a tiny princess fitting into the bathroom sink like that. How is LG doing about all this? I swear my # 2 only got hungry when I had just sat down to feed the babe. Thanks for sharing the pictures and for the update.

Jami said...

There is nothing like a newborn! Almost makes me want another one myself....almost.

jordan said...

she is SO darling! I love her so much! (without even seeing her in person).
She will be receiving a gift from me shortly...

Renee said...

I love little baby TP (and the name)!! She is sooo freakin' adorable!! And what a good big brother the LG is!

Anonymous said...

when I go pirating I fight dragons with my sword