Thursday, May 21, 2009

Love, Love, Love


She's here. We are absolutely thrilled, and she is the most beautiful little creature on the earth. Sorry to all of you who think yours are too ; ) I'm not planning to reveal the name here on the blog, and I haven't yet decided what her online Moniker will be either, so I am taking suggestions on that.

She was born Monday, May 18th, following the season finale of 24. I really can't complain too much about the whole labor process, except for the 30 minutes preceeding the birth that were, well, a bit intense ; ) She shot right out (literally), and my Dr. wasn't even able to be there. Once I started pushing, it only required 2 more pushes and a total of 9 minutes.

I decided to go this round sans epidural, and while I am quite impressed with myself and the BK, I'm not sure I could endure it again (give me a year or two and I will probably have forgotten). However, I will say this, the aftermath has been TOTALLY worth it. Recovery has been 200% better and while I won't be out running any marathons this week, I can at least walk. The best part (and the worst) is that I remember everything, and that moment when that little creature was placed on my body was the most incredible of my life. And to think that I didn't stop loving the LG, and was suddenly just able to love her as much is truly a miracle and a tender mercy from heaven.

Final product was a 7 lb, 20 inch miracle. Email me at megappod@gmail.com if you would like her name, and please don't mention it in the comments if you already do. Thanks! And thanks for all the well wishes!




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she already came! And that you did it without the epidural! I've been debating whether or not that's the way I want to go, but I have no idea what kind of pain I'll be in and I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. And as for what you'll call her on the blog...you've got the BK and LG...I'll have to think on that, yours are so clever :)

LeeAnne said...

What a beautiful little baby!! And wow, she was quick :) I'm also amazed that you did it sans epidural!

brooke said...

awww, she is so sweet. we cant wait to see/meet her. no epideral, that is pretty amazing. once again congrats, we are so happy for you guys.

Amy said...

she is perfect. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jami said...

Congratulations!!! There is nothing in the world like a new baby. She is beautiful!

Mandy said...

Ahhh! I've been wondering about you . . . Congratulations! That is great news!

Vixie said...

Congratulations!! Very exciting news. I am also very impressed with the lack of epidural. I have to agree with you, the recovery is so much nicer. Again, congratulations.

Jaime said...

She is just beautiful! So incredibly happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet her in person.

daisy said...

She is so tiny. And beautiful. Congrats!!!

Ronna & Dave said...

Isn't love amazing! I feel this tender feeling of love for her and we have yet to meet. I'm sure those feelings come in part because she is an extension of you, for whom we have such an out-pouring of love. We are so glad everything went so well and know we longingly look forward to meeting our new little "bundle of joy."

Rowboat said...

yay congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and i can't wait to meet her. she is beautiful. this post brought tears to my eyes. i especially liked this part:

"And to think that I didn't stop loving the LG, and was suddenly just able to love her as much is truly a miracle and a tender mercy from heaven."

I am so happy for your sweet family!

JLJ said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad to hear the recovery is going well. Congratulations on your achievement (au natural).

Melanie said...

She is beautiful! You could call her OLP for Our Little Princess. Or BOJ for Bundle of Joy. Just some suggestions since you asked. Congratulations again.

Bryce Cranney said...

Congrats you guys!!! We hope everything is working out for you and will probably be seeing more of you as we are moving back to Utah in a week. Talk to you soon!

jordan said...

she is just adorable!! I can't wait to meet her.
and my hats off to you, you'll just have to give me all the details so I can experience natural child birth through you. I have no plans in experiencing it myself!

I've got a gift already to send. Be expecting it!

LeeAnne said...

by the way, can't wait to see more pictures and read more about the new baby ;)

Chambers Clan said...

Congratulations. Isn't #2 soooo much easier to push out. Braden was 2 pushes. I love that instant rush of love that comes when they put the baby in your lap...even with the goop and stuff on! She is gorgeous. If she looks at all like her brother she will be such a cutie! I am very impressed you decided to do it without the epidural! I don't think I'm that brave. SP - sweetie pie, MM - Missie May, and AB - angel baby are all the little nicknames I give my little girls...Can't wait to see her!

Renee said...

Ahhhh...she's an angel!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her in person!! And, way to go on the drug free birth...again, impressed beyond belief!!