Friday, May 15, 2009

Nesting

Poor LG. As I was working before I had him, I didn't have the time or energy to do any home crafted sewing projects (I'm sure he will actually thank me later). This time round, however, I have managed to sew a few little items that turned out quite to my liking. I sewed the crib bumper and a little quilt, and even a skirt (not pictured) thanks to the inspiration of my niece-in-law (nephew's wifey) my who is much more ambitious and creative than me. Anyway, here is the finished product already hooked up to the crib.



The universe is opening, the veil is thinning and momma is getting really grumpy. In other words, I am ready to go. My mother-in-law is being picked up from the train station as I speak, and that officially relieves me of any anxiety related to where the LG would be if I went into labor. It's time. I'm taking guesses for when, how big and how long the baby will be. I will figure out the prizes later. I feel I must level the playing field however and mention that the LG was 8lbs 9oz, 21 inches long and was 2 weeks early. The official due date is May 31st and the Dr. has assured me that she won't let me go over. This baby is coming this weekend if I can mentally will her into it ; ) Best of luck to myself, and I will keep y'all posted on her arrival. Ta ta till then.

12 comments:

Mandy said...

I like! Great job.

Unknown said...

I'm very impressed! I tried to do the same before our little guy came, but I just didn't have it in me. I got the skirt done and ran out of steam. Dave finally got frustrated with me and made the bumper himself. (no joke!) Good thing too since he came a month early. Good luck with the new little one. So glad to hear that MIL is on her way.

Amy said...

I love the bedding you creative little stinker!

I guess:
May 23
7 lbs. 9 oz.
21"

GOOD LUCK!!! can't wait to hear!!!

jordan said...

so very cute! lucky little girl. so I take it Jackson is now in a "big boy" bed?

I can't wait to meet her, for your sake, i hope your positive thoughts work. Who would ever want to go the full 40 weeks??

Jaime said...

Glad you're being so patient! :)

Sorry I couldn't make it the other night, there were an array of reasons that I wasn't able to be there, I'll write you about that later.

I'm so glad you are prepared, and that your MIL is in town to help out. Good luck with the delivery.

Ronna & Dave said...

I'm very impressed with your domestic talents and wasn't that smart of me to think of giving you that sewing machine back in high school? My sewing talents died way back in 7th grade when I failed misserably at putting the zipper in my otherwise darling skirt. So glad you have bucked the genetic flaw! We are anxiously awaiting the news of our baby. So glad she has such a darling crib to come home to. I'm guessing 8 lbs 5 oz and 21 in. Much love!

Jami said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous of your sewing skills. That is no small feat for someone who apparently is just dabbling into it!!! In my next life I WILL be a quilter. I love walking into fabric stores and just imagining all the possibilities if only I had the time, money and skill. Someday. Someday.

Any whoooo- Is it possible that you are really this close to your due date?? It seems like only a few short posts ago you were announcing your pregnancy and now it is really here??? If only it went that fast in "real" life. Keep thinking those positive thoughts!!!

LeeAnne said...

Very cute! I love it!! And I do hope your baby comes sooner rather than later. My guess is... May 20, 7 pounds 14 ounces, 21 inches.
When in the summer do you think you'll come to Utah? We're actually gone for most of it- we just arrived in Exton, PA on Tuesday, and we'll be here till mid August!

brooke said...

we are excited for her to come.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize that's how big Jackson was when he was born, and two weeks early! But my guess is 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches, and you'll have it Friday 9:15 pm. And I am VERY impressed with your sewing project! It looks really good!

JLJ said...

Great sewing skills. The bedding looks beautiful. I'm guessing 9 lbs 2 oz. 22 inches. Day, unknown. Good luck. Can't wait for pictures and gory details.

Renee said...

I am impressed beyond belief. I wish I had your skillz!!