Saturday, December 1, 2007

MOVED!!!

As I mentioned in my last post, which I completed 30 seconds ago, I have a lot to catch up on. We have arrived in Portland! Thanks to a lot of help from our friends and family. Things are very different here in Portland. Some good, some bad. Rather than blubbering on about all of them, I am doing a list of the Top 5 things I love, and the Top 5 things I don't love about our new home here in the West. I will start with the bad so as to end on a good note.

HATIN' IT

1. Black Clothes. Everywhere we look, people are poorly dressed and wearing black. I realize it is rainy, but really, does all that black really help????

2. Back to the Stone Ages. While waiting to get connected to the internet, I went to Starbucks to access some wireless internet. Aside from the clerk/cashier/whatever looking rather confused as to why I would even want to use such an invention, it wasn't even free. Seriously.

3. Gas. Not the kind you pass, the kind you pump, or rather the kind that others legally have to pump for you here in the great state of Oregon.

4. Stairs. The house we are renting has a full flight of stairs leading to the front door - a bit tough with a stroller and 25lb toddler in tote.

5. Networking. As I mentioned in my last post, I don't like meeting new people. My husband is much better at it though he claims he doesn't like it either. Time to come out of our shells.

LOVIN' IT


1. Water. There is plenty of it. Rain, ocean, rivers. I love it all - so far. Plus, the rain is a good excuse to dress the LG up in his new slicker.

2. People. Backwards as this place seems right now, we were looking for a change of pace, and friendly people. Consider them both found.

3. Stairs. Although the outside stairs vex me, the inside of the house has no stairs, and therefore allows the LG free reign in running room to room.

4. Bridges. I have a love affair with bridges. You can check them all out at www.portlandbridges.com/00,0,70,0,1,0-portland-oregon.html

5. Christmas. I know this has nothing to do with Portland, but I love Christmas so much, that all the lights and holiday cheer make any city more lovable.

5 comments:

jordan said...

glad your settled in. it seems like quite the feet to move cross country. we can't wait to get up there and see you guys. I guess we will see you at Christmas - looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

I stalk your blog... bet you didn't know that! I think you are hilarious... because if you weren't, I totally wouldn't be blog stalking you. Oh, and I'm a friend of Anne's... so you should not be completely freaked out... or maybe you should.

JLJ said...

That's so weird about the gas-pumpers. So do you have to tip every time you fill up?

I want to hear more about your jobs, neighborhood etc.

Those pictures of husband and LG are so cute.

Anne said...

love the slicker!

Jaime said...

We understand about the gas pumping thing, it was hard for us to get used to when we moved here too. However, we now have a love for it, and enjoy sitting in the warm car while someone else pumps the gas in the cold. :)