Friday, February 8, 2008

Confession

I can't believe I am putting this out there for the whole world to see, but I love crafts. There it is. I love making crafty little things for my home and other people, and I really love knowing that I did it myself. I don't know why I feel ashamed of this to the point that I see it as a confession, but I do. Anyone else out there who feels the same? It just seems so domestic. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Anyway, here is my latest project. I can't find my USB connector to my camera so you can't see the finished product - yet. But they are made of gold wire and shiny fabric and hang from really pretty ribbon. It is a gift for the LG's BFF. I should be more ashamed of the fact that I have had it done for a month now and haven't mailed it. I also like to make weird fabric pictures of sailboats and other various things. Be prepared.



4 comments:

Chambers Clan said...

Good Job! I love making crafts too, but I can never enjoy the finished product, because I notice all of the mistakes I made. So maybe I should just give them away after I'm done! Want any? I'm glad you confessed!

JLJ said...

Your "crafts" are not crafts. When you say "craft" it does invoke the memory of the homey projects our moms did at homemaking. (Understandably this would cause some embarrassment.) But when you create something completely out of your head most people call that art. So give yourself some credit.

Jaime said...

I love that you "came out" and shared your secret. We should do some crafty things together. I love crafty things. I just made a rag quilt for my BF's baby shower. I wish I had gotten a chance to chat w/ you sunday, but the nursery job was calling for me.

Jami said...

Well,this is an unexpected twist to your story :) Come on J. We are in our thirties. It's time to grin and bear it - We are turning into domestic divas. BE PROUD!