Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tagged

I am feeling the peer pressure to respond to the latest tag. Since I like reading those of others, I best reciprocate. Here goes:

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:10. It's been a really good week!
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds.
3. What was the last movie you saw? Things You Can Tell Just By Looking at Her (wouldn't recommend it). I would recommend the Painted Veil.
4. Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been? Tough, there are many. Most beautiful place lately was the Getty Museum overlooking LA on a sunny day with no smog, or the Oregon Coast. Ever? Maybe Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, surrounded by magnificent volcanoes.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? English muffin and egg, or cereal
6. What is your favorite food? Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream or a veggie burrito from Chipotle
7. What food do you dislike? Not much. I will eat almost anything, except turtles and sea cucumbers.
8. What is your favorite CD lately? Sountrack to Kikujiro
9. What kind of car do you drive? Honda Accord
10. Favorite sandwich? Portabello mushroom, or chicken salad
11. What characteristics do you despise? Stupidity, disregard for others, and giggly squealing (not sure that is a characteristic, but I REALLY don't like it)
12. Favorite item of clothing? Leggings and hoodie - though I wouldn't leave the house wearing them
13. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, and Mozambique to start)
14. What color is your bathroom? Tan and UGLY
15. Favorite brand of clothing? Ann Taylor
16. Where would you retire? That's too far away to say, but hopefully close to my family and children.
17. What was your most memorable birthday? 30th - we also blessed the LG that day, and all my family was there, and 30 was sort of exciting
18. Favorite sport to watch? Football or gymnastics
19. Favorite saying? Put your feathers down.
20. When is your birthday? Feb 4th
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night. Definitely night. Me, the owls and a good book or movie.
22. What is your shoe size? 9 1/2
23. Pets? Not now, but love 'em. Don't like the hair though, so it will take some arm twisting, and DOGS only. Don't like the cats using the "facilities" in my house somewhere, running around in their litter box and then climbing on the table/counter/etc. and sneaking around where you can't see them.
24. What did you want to be when you were little? Architect
25. What are you today? Writer, mother, multitasker, wife
26. What is your favorite candy? Reisens
27. What is your favorite flower? Hydrangea
28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Saturday, when the BK gets home from his 2 week business trip
29. What are you listening to right now? The LG waking up..I'd better hurry
30. What was the last thing you ate? 1/2 wheat bagel w/cream cheese
31. Do you believe in Angels? Yes and no. Yes as in I believe they exist. Typically no or at least a high degree of skepticism if others claim to have seen them.
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Emerald green
33. Pet peeves? Mike Huckabee. Bureaucracy. Rules that make no sense.
34. Favorite Television show? Law & Order, House, Office, Brothers & Sisters
35. Last person you spoke to on the phone? An intern at my old office
36. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Of course
37. Favorite soft drink? Favorite is Root Beer (the kind in glass bottles), most often consumed drink, however, is definitely Diet Coke
38. Hair Color? Brown. Always brown, except once when I got highlights and it was too much for me to handle.
39. Favorite restaurant? Anything new.
40. Siblings? 2 brothers, 2 half brothers, and 1 half sister
41. What was your favorite toy as a child? Legos and Barbies (I liked to cut their hair and then they were done being useful)
42. Summer or Winter? Can't love one without the other, so both.
43. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who is doing it. From the BK - KISSES. From the LG - HUGS. From friends - HUGS. From strangers - cheek kisses (my rationale here is that a peck on the cheek requires less physical contact than a hug).
44. Chocolate or vanilla? Mmmmm, both so tasty, but I have to go with Chocolate
45. When was the last time you cried? Watching Across the Universe - don't ask me why and I would really only qualify it as welling.
46. What is under your bed? Lots of organized plastic containers - just don't ask me what is in them.
47. Who is the friend you've had longest? Other than blood relatives, probably my "girls from middle school" (JLJ & JEH)
48. What did you do last night for dinner? Celebrated Valentine's Day early with my mom and the LG at Macaroni Grill
49. Favorite smell? The BK, and my Apple Lavendar Salt Scrub
50. What are you most afraid of? Someone taking or hurting the LG. I have nightmares, and a bat by my bed.
51. How many years at your current job? 6 if we are talking about work, 14 months and counting if we are talking about being a mother
52. Favorite day of the week? Sunday. A bit of quiet time in church, lazy naps, reading, and the BK home all day.
53. How many towns have you lived in? 11 moves, 6 cities - Logan, Salt Lake City, Cleveland, Alexandria, Arlington, Hefei (China), Portland
54. Do you make friends easily? No. It takes me a while to warm up to people.
55. Are you happy? Content, very content and experience happiness frequently.

I tag all blood relatives that read this blog. I know who you are and where to find you.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Great tag! I loved reading more about you, it helped me get to know you better. we need to get together soon... Love that you have a fear of something happen to your little guy, I do too, in fact I sometimes keep myself awake at night worrying. Oh, to be a mom! Happy Valentine's Day!

Jami said...

I love what you can learn about a person with just a few simple questions. Thanks for doing it. :)

Chris said...

I loved reading your tag! Michelle's fav flower is hydrangea too! Am typing with grand-daughter (Brooklyn Michelle Chambers) on lap. Must attend. Will try and respond to tag today. Check out new pics on the blog. Love, Chris

jordan said...

I feel like I know you a little more, even after spending a couple days with you. I bet it's great to have John back.