Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Faded Paper Figures

I don't profess to be any type of music critic, or into anything hip or artsy that qualifies this next recommendation, but I just really like this music. The band is Faded Paper Figures and you can check them out on their website. As a side note as to how I found them, a long lost highschool friend, who has a great blog which is hip and artsy, is married to one of the band members. I just love it when people do what they want and love to do. I really admire all of the work it must take to put all of your creativity into such a HUGE project like an album. I'm also VERY envious of that level of creativity. It seems I am surrounded by super creative folk, and yet not much has rubbed off yet.... don't worry, I plan to keep trying to get dirty.

9 comments:

Renee said...

I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I LOVED the sailboat in the LGs bedroom. And that contraption you created on the piano bench was also quite impressive.

Chambers Clan said...

I think your writing speaks for itself in creativity! Plus sometimes organization is just as envied as creativity, which I think you have oodles of! And some creative people might want more of:) That is cool when you can reconnect with people like that though huh? I think Dave has found something he is willing to try out for a career now...Police officer! I'm excited because it seems to fit, what do you think?

Brooke said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Though it's not promising to be a lucrative venture (yet!), it's been fulfilling for my hubby. It's funny how you talk about knowing creative people who put so much into doing what they love...because that's how I would describe myself. And I am always trying to get dirty.

Brooke said...

Meaning, I would describe myself as someone who is always surrounded by really talented people but am really best at appreciating their creativity than producing my own.

Brooke said...

Just in case you didn't get that...

Ronna & Dave said...

How could you possibly think you are not creative?You are one of the most creative and excellent writers around. We all envy your ability to express yourself. In fact, there are not many things you cannot do once you make up your mind to do something! These are things a mother knows!

Chris said...

Jenn, listen to your mother! I am catching up on the blogging, and went back to your July 4th entry. It was inspirational and creative - turned a well-worn topic into something musical! (I posted a comment there, too). Love, Chris.

JLJ said...

Thanks for the musical tip. I checked them out and indeed they do sound great.

Jaime said...

I checked them out, great music. Thanks for the tip.