Monday, July 14, 2008

Mistaken Identity

This morning I was doing a bit of blog admin - mostly checking out who checks out my blog - when I discovered that the P Pod has an interesting medical reference which led at least one lucky reader to my site. Not sure I would have changed my mind on naming my blog the Mega P Pod, but I certainly would have been making fun of myself long before now.

PPOD
Pelvic pain and organic dysfunction (PPOD), is the phrase given to a disorder characterized by various combinations of symptoms of pelvic pain and disorders of bladder, bowel, gynecologic and sexual function. Mechanically Induced PPOD Syndrome is a commonly overlooked cause of these disorders. For more information, click here www.ppodsyndrome.com

Apologies to any of you who were hoping to relieve your pain when you checked out the site, and shame on those of you who were aware of this comical mishap who left me in the dark all this time. Hopefully, this doesn't become a symptom experienced by loyal readers.

8 comments:

Renee said...

HAHAHHAHAAHAHAAA...I had no idea. I think I still have the giggles from last night :)

Phoebe said...

Who is brave enough to 'fess up to knowing about this condition?

MegaPPod said...

Good point Phoebe. I think it is a ridiculous name for a condition, "uh, I have PPOD disease". Sure you do, sure you do.

Mandy said...

In Massachusetts, Pea Pod was a local grocery delivery service. That is what it makes me think of.
Although, pelvic dysfunction is better. Much better.

jordan said...

oh. PEA Pod. all this time I thought you had a fascination with pelvic dysfunction. (hahaha)

Jami said...

NICE. Now, that is the best laugh I have had all day.

JLJ said...

So glad to have that cleared up. I've been wondering what my problem was.

LeeAnne said...

Now THAT gave me a good laugh! And no, I never thought PPOD was actually a disease, though I've never quite understood what a "P. Pod" is...