Sunday, July 27, 2008

He Peed! And Other Dirty Topics

It's official, we are now on the path to potty training. This morning he said poopoo, we walked to the bathroom, he sat on mini me potty and peed. Do I care that there wasn't any poop? Nope. Not one bit. Previously, the mini me potty caused a wee bit of trepidation, not this morning. He had on his game face, and was ready to let loose. I realize that it could be a year before I post another similar success, but I will take what I can get.

On to other dirty topics. I can't believe I made it through life as long as I did without knowing about the miracles of OxyClean, but we used it on our beautiful white couch (it has removable covers) that we had to cut apart (the couch, not the covers) yesterday in order to finally move it from the LGs room where it had been sitting since we moved into the basement where it belonged and wouldn't fit. That was fun. But thanks to OC, it is clean, good smelling, and ready to get dirty again from us molesting it with our dirty feet, food, sweaty bodies, baby bodily fluids. Eeeww.

Finally, I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet, but a month or so ago, I received a box from Sabon in the mail. For those of you who are just now joining the P Pod, or have forgotten, this is the company that makes the most luxurious and divine smelling salt scrub that I absolutely covet. Who was it from? I almost didn't care about that, only that miraculously, here it was on my doorstep! My mother-in-law, ohhhhhhhhh I will love her FOREVER! I didn't even think that Sabon shipped it in the mail so I had been saving the remaining amounts of my only jar on a high shelf where I would only look and worship from afar. It would be too much to bear if I was left entirely without any. This whole scenario is bringing to mind thoughts of a Seinfeld episode where Elaine begins to hoard a particular type of birth control that will no longer be available. Anyway, with a fresh jar of Apple Lavender Salt Scrub now available, I happily used the remainder to my heart's delight. Oh, to be clean, smooth and good smelling all at the same time.

8 comments:

jordan said...

way to go Jackson! at first I thought you were actually taking on the potty training task, and I thought "crazy", but if he's taking the first step...

and Oxyclean, I can't believe I didn't tell you about that. that's the only way I get through cleaning baby and kid clothes without throwing them away. I could do a commercial on its amazingness.

-and, congrats on the salt scrub, sounds divine!

Mandy said...

A wee bit of trepidation. Perfect.

Chambers Clan said...

I will have to try oxyclean...I think my kids know when I have a new outfit on them and get them impossibly stained as fast as they can. It drives me nuts. Congrats for Jackson. Braden is still having issues, and maybe I'm just to lazy to fight it??

Jami said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of potty training. Oh, the lovely days that are in store for you. I would share a few but I'd hate to ruin the surprise. :)

Oxy Clean hu? Sounds like I need to invest in some.

Jaime said...

WOW, he's interested in the potty? Congrats & good luck.

I love oxy clean, it is absolutely the best. I always use a scoop on my white loads.

Glad you are enjoying your salt scrub, I'm sure it feels like heaven!

Ronna & Dave said...

Grandma is very proud of our LG. I, like you, am sure he is advanced beyond his years. It's so fun to learn of his daily accompishments.... What a smarty!

LeeAnne said...

Hooray! I'm glad Jackson went for the potty! We got one of those seats that you can put on the toilet for Carlos a few months ago, and for the most part he's scared of it. I usually only manage to get him to sit there for a few seconds. Once I caught him with that "I'm about to poop" sort of look on his face, so I whisked him over to the potty- He looked excited at first, but once he felt it coming he freaked out and wanted his diaper back on! I think I'll get him one of those "potty chairs," maybe that'll be less scary?

LeeAnne said...

oh- and I'll have to try that oxyclean- i've heard many good things about it :)