Thursday, July 10, 2008

Peectures and Bonk-a-Bonks

The LG is growing like a weed - a good smelling (mostly), good looking, and good-natured (mostly) weed. He has done a couple of silly things the past couple of weeks that I think are worth a mention.Since we are still living in chaos, a lot of random things are lying around, like my cowboy hat I bought on impulse and have worn only once, and a soup can. The LG LOVES hats of any sort (as well as my shoes, handbags and makeup - which the BK is very disapproving of and counteracts by letting the LG stand dangerously on the toilet while watching him shave and do other "manly" things). The other day the LG disappears into my bedroom only to reappear wearing the hat. He grabs me by the hand and leads me to the fireplace, points with his very firm pointer finger, and starts demanding a "peecture" from the camera that is sitting on the mantle. Here you go LG, this one's for you.

Additionally, he has started re-enacting accidents. Apparently, as an only child, he feels he is still starved for attention and needs that extra little bit of assurance that we still live, breathe, and suffer under his tyrannical reign as supreme dictator. The most recent performance occurred after he tripped over the fireplace seen in the picture above and gently bonked his head on the rug. The BK, not yet having experienced a dramatic episode was in for a treat. After coddling him from the accident that didn't produce a single real tear, I told the BK to pay close attention for the next act. The LG then started loudly dictating (in a language that I still haven't figured out) the scene. More pointing at the fireplace (apparently the villain in this story), walks over to the spot where he bonked his head, assumes the downward dog position, and turns his head with big pouty eyes to make sure we are watching as he sadly says, "a bonk a bonk". He then stands up and giggles. At least he isn't taking himself too seriously.

11 comments:

Mike D said...

pretty hilarious.

Chambers Clan said...

What a cutie! I love their phrases! Well, at least you can't say he's a grumpy dictator:) That was a priceless peecture. I sure wish my kids could laugh away their "a bonk a bonks", but I think they enjoy the occasional snuggles.

Mandy said...

I can't wait for our boys to play tonight, it sounds like they are cut out of the same cloth.

jordan said...

I LOVE this age. He is just way too cute and is growing up way too fast. I need to see him soon!

Ronna & Dave said...

Kiss his bonk- a- bonk for grandma. What a little ham. If I were that cute, I would want my peecture taken too.

Ronna & Dave said...

Kiss his bonk- a- bonk for grandma. What a little ham. If I were that cute, I would want my peecture taken too.

Ronna & Dave said...

Kiss his bonk- a- bonk for grandma. What a little ham. If I were that cute, I would want my peecture taken too.

Ronna & Dave said...

Whoops!

Ronna & Dave said...

Whoops!

Jaime said...

that's very cute! love the hat, he looks very handsome in it.

Jami said...

I'm still stuck on the part about you buying and actually wearing the cowboy hat. Now that is something I would like to see :)
Any chance you want to fly to Utah next week? We are trying to pull off a little getaway while jennilynn is here. Come on it would be worth the $200 ticket wouldn't it?